LA BELLE PROVINCE
History is the world's court.
Vocabulary: motto, foster, adage, threshold, flotilla, musketeers, punitive, prelate, seminary, benevolent, marquis, potential, detachment, dictatorship, free-lance, charter, absolutist, feudal, vassal, habitant, regime, obligation, compact, flourish, missionary, founding, mercantile, succor, flourish, maxim, servile, habitant.
1. Explain: (a) absolute monarchy; (b)feudal tenure of land; (c) benevolent dictator; (d)exterminate them entirely (e) compact colony; (f) mirrored 17th century society; (g) monarch was absolute; (h) fashioned on authoritarian lines; (i) the monarch was absolute; (j) the lure of new land; (k) lighten the feudal burdens.
2. Most French came to Canada because they were sent. Give reasons to explain this.
3. How did the government of New France differ from that of New England?
4. In what two ways did the Carignan-Salieres benefit the colony?
5. Name and describe the duties of New France's two main officials.
6. Explain the theory behind mercantilism.
7. Feudalism incorporated a chain of command. Describe it.
8 Explain the maxim: no land without a lord.
9. Where nature responds easily to nurture government is normally a nuisance. Explain.
10 Explain the difference in attitude towards government existing in Canada and the United States.
11 Describe the seigneurial system.
12 What empowered the habitants?
Copyright © 2013 Website Administrator