TRAGEDY IN UPPER CANADA
History documents the follies and misfortunes of humankind.
1. Why was Simcoe so apprehensive about arresting the murder suspect ?
2. What would have complicated Simcoe's action regarding the crisis?
3. Suggest a reason why Dorchester failed to respond to appeals from Simcoe for advice.
4. Explain: (a) respite the convict; (b) proceed on his own initiative; (c) learned of his lordship's pleasure; (d) all manner of opprobrious epithets; (e) neither close nor cordial; (f) without cause or provocation.
5. What do you think happened to the treaty?
6. Summarize the main theme and the important details of this narrative.
Copyright © 2013 Website Administrator