DEBATE OR DEBUNKERS
History is revisionist.
1. Explain: (a) hero status is granted not gained. (b) in war nearly everything is a matter of hazard; (c) made immortal by the magic power of patriotism; (d) completely burned their bridges; (e) the search for national heroes does not lead far from fighting; (f) a litany of post mortems; (g) through the altering miracle of myths; (h) fact and fancy have collided and colluded ever since.
2. Provide evidence to prove that Montcalm was the author of his own misfortunes.
3. Fate favoured Wolfe. How?
4. Evaluate the role of the 'thin red line.'
5. What affect did each leader have on his men?
6. Compare and contrast Montcalm and Wolfe.
7. Explain: their actions led them to glorious doom.
8. Discuss the statement: "Both Wolfe and Montcalm are overrated by some historians."
9. "The roots of the present lie deep in the past." Explain how this is reflected in Canadian history.
10. History is revisionist. What does this mean and how does it apply to Wolfe and Montcalm?
11. Explain how this conflict resounds in modern history.
12. What is the difference between debating and debunking history's heroes and their accomplishments?
Copyright © 2013 Website Administrator